Thursday, January 3, 2013

Jordi Alba


JORDI ALBA

Profile:::
Barcelona swooped to land Spanish left-back Alba after his impressive Euro 2012 campaign. An international star for years to come, a bargain €14 million pricetag ensured that the Catalans landed yet another player with 'Barca DNA'.
Born in Barcelona, he joined La Masia but was released by the club in 2005. Joining the neighbouring UE Cornella and, after two years of progression, he departed in a €6,000 deal to Valencia.
Initially earning his chance in the reserves, he was promoted to the first-team in 2009 and snatched the opportunity to shine as Valencia's defence suffered injury problems. Becoming a key performer for Los Che, he was rewarded with a call-up to the Spanish Under-21 squad and cemented his place by the time he made the full squad in 2011.
First-choice in the Spain defence who conceded just one goal at Euro 2012, he agreed a return to Barcelona with his club contract running down and moved back to the Nou Camp that summer.
Strengths: An attacking full-back who will complement Dani Alves well, Alba's pace and stamina helps him get up and down the flanks.
Weaknesses: Defensively he is not the firmest tackler, while he can be caught out of position when he is upfield.
Career high: Scoring the second goal in the final of Euro 2012, he lifted his first major trophy.
Career low: Leaving Barcelona's academy aged 15, he must have wondered if he would succeed as a professional footballer.
Style: Quick, dynamic, a modern full-back who will bring more class to Barcelona.
Quotes: "I'm coming home, with my family and my people, that's why I'm so content. It's been an incredible month for me and now I have to take advantage of the opportunity that Barcelona have given me. I'm excited that I'll be playing for the best team in the world, with the best players and the best fans. It's a big challenge for me but I'll try to do my best. I was only 15 when I left Barcelona to do my own thing. Luckily, after some years, they have signed me again. The club has given me a chance and I'm very pleased." Jordi Alba in an interview club's official website.
Trivia: Alba appeared in all four games as Spain won the gold medal at the 2009 Mediterranenan Games and played in both the 2008 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship and the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt.
in espn by keshav>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment